A YUMMY AND DELICIOUS ADDITION TO ANY MEAL
5 cups all-purpose unbleached
2 cups warm water (110 degrees
Fahrenheit/45 degrees Celsius)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, mix warm water, yeast, and honey. Add the whole wheat flour, salt, and oil. Gradually add in the
all-purpose unbleached flour until dough is not very sticky (does not stick to your hand or bowl), but still sticky to
the touch. This may take an additional 2 to 4 cups of all-purpose flour.
2. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead it for at least 10 to 15 minutes. When the dough is
smooth and elastic, place in a large, lightly oiled bowl. Turn dough several times in oil to coat and then cover with
a damp dishtowel. Allow the dough to sit for 40 to 45 minutes in a warm place until it doubles in size.
3. Punch down the dough. Roll out the dough again on a floured surface and cut it in three equal halves.
4. Shape the dough into three loaves, and place each into three lightly-greased 9x5 inch loaf pans. Again, allow
the dough to rise in the loaf pan and cover with a damp cloth. Leave to rise until the dough is 1 to 1½ inches
above the pan (about 30 minutes).
5. Preheat the oven and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) for 25 to 30 minutes. Try not tooverbake.
6. When done, lightly brush the tops of the loaves with melted non-dairy butter or olive oil to prevent crusts from
getting hard. Allow the bread the cool completely and yeast to die (approximately 24 hours) before eating. Enjoy!