• approx. 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
• ½ lb. extra firm tofu, drained
• 1 small onion, quartered
• 1 minced garlic clove
• 1¼ cups breadcrumbs
• 2 tbsp. unflavored soy or almond milk
• 2 tbsp. Bragg's Amino
• 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
• ¼ cup chilled water
• 1 tbsp. arrowroot
• ¼ cup soy sauce
• 2 tbsp. lemon juice(to taste)
• 2 tbsp. maple syrup
• 1 tsp. sesame oil
• 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
Instructions Make the Tofu Meatballs
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment and brush lightly with oil.
2. Place tofu, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, milk, soy sauce, and flaxseed, into food processor bowl. Pulse until well mixed and crumbly, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Roll into about 20 balls and arrange on baking sheet. Brush with oil.
3. Bake 30 minutes, turning about halfway through.
Make the Ginger Glaze
1. While meatballs bake, stir chilled water and arrowroot together in a small cup. Place Bragg's Amino, lemon juice, maple syrup, sesame oil and ginger into a small pot. Bring just to a simmer, and stir in arrowroot mixture. Continue to simmer, stirring, just until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Sprinkle with Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions and serve over rice, quinoa, veggies or pasta!